I am using on demand and having major trouble figuring out how to link a jira issue into a confluence page.

oved lourie December 7, 2011

Whenever I try to use the jira link to try to create a new issue, it doesnt see the projects. If I try to put the key in on the search to link individual issues, I get back that:

The JIRA server didnt understand your search query. If you entered JQL, please ensure that its correctly formed. If you entered an issue key, ensure that it exists and you have permission to view it.
I am using the admin account and not quite sure what I am doing wrong. It seems like all the macros are turned on by default but it just doesnt seem to work. ANy help would be appreciated.
Thanks

3 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
oved lourie December 26, 2011

This has been solved by opening a ticket. Apparantly there is a bug that they can fix manually. All is well now.

0 votes
NikE
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 28, 2011

If you are finding this via a search, oved.lourie is spot-on - there is an issue in the current version of OnDemand. The bug report.

This issue will be fixed in the near future, but in the meantime, if you open a support request, we can apply the work-around on your account right away.

0 votes
Deepthy Ravindran December 11, 2011

I am having the same problem where I am not able to see Jira issues from confluence on demand. The search option gives the following error - 'The JIRA server didnt understand your search query. If you entered JQL, please ensure that its correctly formed. If you entered an issue key, ensure that it exists and you have permission to view it.'

I have a JIRA project from which I have associated and synchnorised the confluence space. Please let me know if I need to do any additional setup to link JIRA issues to confluence.

Felipe Cuozzo
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 14, 2012

If you're using Confluence OnDemand please open a support ticket as this original question only applies for OnDemand.

If you have a OnPremises version of Confluence and a valid maintenance SEN please also open a support ticket.

Following the steps here should give you a good chance of success: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Configuring+Issue+Linking

Also please be aware that there maybe some incompatibility depending on which version of JIRA and Confluence you're using, I would suggest creating a new Question with these details so we don't hijack this one.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events