cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am using Confluence 4.3.3 , I am not able to edit a page

Deepanshu Natani
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 26, 2012

() I am using Confluence 4.3.3, when I am trying to edit a sample page, i am not able to do that. I ahve attached the log file.

Also I am getting a JS error as below:

Uncaught TypeError: Cannot call method 'registerButtonHandler' of undefined

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Septa Cahyadiputra
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 27, 2012

Hi there,

Please try the following steps:

1. Shutdown Confluence
  2. Clear plugin cache
  3. Start Confluence

Please try the above steps and see how it goes. Hope it helps.

Cheers,
Septa Cahyadiputra

1 vote
hsuhailah
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 26, 2012

Could you please check if this issue is reproducible in different browsers? This is just to isolate if it could be a browser specific issue or otherwise.

Additionally, you can also try to temporarily enable PluginSafe Mode and check again if it makes any difference. This will disabled all user-installed plugins at once. So if the issue does not occur again, it is caused by one of the third-party plugins installed. In order to isolate which plugin is the culprit, you may need to enable the plugin one-by-one till you observed the issue arise again. This may need to be done during non-peak hours as disabling third-party plugins would cause users unable to perform some operations provided by those plugins. Once the test has been carried out, disable this mode.

Deepanshu Natani
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 26, 2012

I tried it in different browsers (Chrome, Internet Explorer, Firefox) and this issue is reproducible in all the browsers. This issue is caused in Confluence 4.3.3 only. I installed Confluence 4.3 and this issue does not appear when I use Confluence 4.3.

0 votes
Theinvisibleman
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 26, 2012

Hi Deepanshu,

I can't view the attached logs. Could you provide some snippets of the error message? Alternatively, you might want to raise a support ticket at https://support.atlassian.com.

Cheers,

Joe

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events