• Community
  • Products
  • Confluence
  • Questions
  • I am unable to move a child page to another page since the latest upgrade. I have tried to drop and drag, and the Move button. Please advise if there is a current defect and resolution target date. Version 5.4

I am unable to move a child page to another page since the latest upgrade. I have tried to drop and drag, and the Move button. Please advise if there is a current defect and resolution target date. Version 5.4

Amy Kalina February 27, 2014

I am unable to move a child page to another page since the latest upgrade. I have tried to drop and drag, and the Move button. Please advise if there is a current defect and resolution target date. Version 5.4

4/11/14: anyone have any suggestions?

4 answers

0 votes
Amy Kalina June 3, 2014

Can anyone help?

0 votes
Amy Kalina May 6, 2014

Can anyone help?

0 votes
Marco Mancuso
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 10, 2014

Hello Amy,

unfortunatey I do NOT have enough info to really help you.

What I can think about is something to do with the Ancestor table than usually get corrupted after upgrades and you could try to rebuild it following the info at https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Rebuilding+the+Ancestor+Table

You can verify if you CONFANCESTOR table is broken running:

SELECT A.ANCESTORID, A.DESCENDENTID, COUNT(A.DESCENDENTID)
FROM CONFANCESTORS A, CONTENT B
WHERE B.CONTENTID = A.DESCENDENTID
GROUP BY A.ANCESTORID, A.DESCENDENTID
ORDER BY 3 DESC;

Did you verify if any error is present into the logs? It happens to run into NOT catched exceptions.

If you have any other info that can help me to identify the issue I'll be glad to help.

Sincerely

Marco

Amy Kalina April 11, 2014

I am not a programmer, nor know how to "run" what you are referring to above. I'm a business person :). Can you tell me how I look at error logs? In my comment on 4/3, i state I get no errors. no matter how i try to move, it doesn't move. Any suggestions on how I get you more information to help?

Marco Mancuso
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 11, 2014

Hi Amy,

that query should be run against the DB so you should ask your DBA.

About the logs, they can be found under confluence-home-folder/logs, and the current log file is atlassian-confluence.log (unless they have been configured in a custom location).

Marco

Amy Kalina April 11, 2014

my DBA ran the query against the DB. It does not appear to be broken.

Amy Kalina April 16, 2014

any suggestions? Am I able to chat with someone and maybe share my screen so someone at Atlassian can see the problem? The issue is becoming quite laborsome for us and causing a lot of rework and work arounds that are not ideal since we lose versioning.

Amy Kalina April 27, 2014

Any other suggestions? Is there someone I can share my screen with to show them the issue? This continues to be a problem

Amy Kalina May 6, 2014

Can anyone help?

Mick Davidson
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 4, 2014

Amy,

I am also having this problem. It seems to be intermittent though. I also noticed that if I try to move a page using Move/Rcently Viewed, if I click on the page name (which is a link), then nothing happens. If I click in the field but away from the link, the page moves.

Sometimes it doesn't look like it's moved and the only way to see is to refresh the area that the page has been moved to.

Like you, I never see any error or any kind of message saying that the operation has failed.

Next time this happens I'll try moving the page using the page tree.

Cheers.

Amy Kalina July 13, 2014

Can anyone help? Who can I call to discuss and share my screen

0 votes
jing_hwa_cheok
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 3, 2014

Hi Amy,

It is possible that you have hit into this know issue. I suggest you to follow the troubleshooting steps in the article and follow the resolution if it is relevant.

Regards,
Jing Hwa

Amy Kalina March 9, 2014

I do not get an error when trying to move. The page looks as though it moved, but it doesn't.

Amy Kalina April 2, 2014

I am still having this issue. I'm just trying to move a child page to another page. It looks like it moves, but when you go to look for it in the new destination, it is not there. I have tried moving by using drag and drop in the "View in Hierarchy" and using the "location" button and typing the future destination. I get no errors, but it does not move to the new destination. Our work around is to make a copy of the page, save it to the new destination, then delete the old page. This is not working for us, b/c we lose our versioning which we use to track changes. Please advise. Thanks.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events