cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
  • Community
  • Products
  • Confluence
  • Questions
  • I am trying to set up a knowledge based wiki and was wondering if there was a way to add buckets to the parent page, that link to the child pages?

I am trying to set up a knowledge based wiki and was wondering if there was a way to add buckets to the parent page, that link to the child pages?

Danny O'Lenic June 29, 2016

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 29, 2016

What's a "bucket" here?  What does that mean?

By bucket I just mean a square box if you will titled "Tools and Tech" and within that box are smaller boxes that say "OBI-My Workforce" which can be clicked and you will be directed to that page, which is already a child page. I am just trying to make the layout more user friendly and exciting, instead of plain and boring.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 29, 2016

Ah, a panel type thing.

I'd start with the panel macro, and probably fill it with dynamic macros, like the content-by-label or children (that way you don't have to keep editing the page, you just create the pages you need)

okay and how exactly do I start this process? never done something like this before

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 29, 2016

I'd start with a new Space, created from one of the standard blueprints.  That will give you a "home" page which you can use as an example - most of the standard ones have sections, panels and examples of macros you can build on

awesome thank you very much!

Maggie Secara June 29, 2016

I wonder if the Children Display macro would do what you want. I use it on the cover page of a section to automatically list (and link) all the pages in that section in alphabetical order. It's oretty adaptable.

ahh that's a good idea I will look into it thanks!

@Maggie Secara @Nic Brough [Adaptavist] so for the children display macro do you know if there is a way to change how each of the links appears? Instead of it just being a statement and hyperlink, is there a way it can be a box with statement in it, that has a hyperlink built in? example bucket.png

Maggie Secara June 29, 2016

No, there's not. The macro isn't that adaptable. (There may be an add-on, but that's more than I know.)  Your  page here would be easy enough to do with a 2-column table.

• Create each of your buttons as a graphic.
  • Put each one in a cell of the table.
  • Select the image and link it to the appropriate page.

It won't update automatically, of course, but you'll get your colors and the order you want.

great information and help, thanks again!

Danny O'Lenic June 30, 2016

@Maggie Secara is there a way to write like a name or something on the image? sort of like pasting a word box onto an image in Microsoft word

Maggie Secara June 30, 2016

@Danny O'Lenic You'll have to do that in your graphics program. What you're going to do is link the whole button image, not just the word.

I threw this one together in SnagIt just now, but you could create it in word first if that's what you have. Just blocks and borders and text in the middle. Save, Upload and Insert it in place.

test button.jpg

Click on it to select, then go to Link and apply the link. Save the page and test it. It should work.

Danny O'Lenic June 30, 2016

Awesome huge help thank you!

Maggie Secara June 30, 2016

Happy to help.

I guess I should have answered as an Answer, but if I move it now, it pulls it out of the thread. I guess it will still be found if it's needed again.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events