I am looking for suggestions on how to document contact lists in Confluence

Kathy Parker April 19, 2019

The organization has many technical and stakeholder contact lists.  We are trying to transition those documents into Confluence and seeking recommendations for best practices.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Robert Reiner _smartics_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 19, 2019

We have page blueprints for persons, roles, organizations, and stakeholders. Stakeholders map persons to roles for particular projects.

So we have a single document for each person. These have properties so that we can create address lists in tabular form.

I'm a fan of having each thing described in its own document and then having other pages to collect information from those documents (like the organization a stakeholder works for, phone numbers, or homepages) in tabular form.

Kathy Parker April 19, 2019

Thank you for a prompt reply.  Are the templates you references add-ons?  If you would you be able to provide the Blueprint name?  I am looking through my list and don't see which reflect your description.  

Robert Reiner _smartics_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 19, 2019

I'm sorry, I thought you are looking for a conceptual approach. Since I know many who prefer to have a long table of information, I wanted to provide a positive view on the one-thing-on-one-page approach. :)

We use our own blueprints which are based on our projectdoc Toolbox. The projectdoc Toolbox is a commercial add-on I am one of the authors (biased alert!).

In Web of Documents we describe the relationship of the document types I mentioned above and provides links to further information.

Maybe you can use some of the ideas for your own blueprints.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events