I am editing an existing page and adding text but it doesn't display when viewing

lynne recktenwald August 9, 2017

I edit an existing page and add additional text.  I then save it and reload the page to validate the new text is displayed, however you cannot see the new text.  When I go back into the editor I either get the resume editing or I get no messaging but the text I added is there.  so I htink it is saving, but it is not displaying.  I do not have the app running that I saw mentioned in aother post.  I am currently on Oracle 12 so it shouldn't be a database issue.  We did recently upgrade to version 7.4 and I was not having this issue previously.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

1 answer

0 votes
Stephen Deutsch
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 9, 2017

You are making sure to press the "Update" button at the bottom of the page, aren't you? Confluence saves drafts automatically, but if you don't publish, then your changes won't show up in the final document.

Also, 7.4 is the latest version of JIRA, but Confluence is still only at version 6.3, I think.

Stephen Deutsch
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 9, 2017

If it really is the case that all your users are saving and the changes don't show up, then I would contact Atlassian support for more specific help: https://support.atlassian.com/ and "Contact Support"

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events