I added people to my team and access is restricted when they try to access the page.

Eric Duncan December 17, 2019

Added some people to my confluence team, went to restrictions and it said there are no restricitons on any of the pages yet they still have access restricted.

1 answer

0 votes
carolyn french
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 17, 2019

Hi Eric, and welcome!

Did you add the people to the Space permissions to view? If you are space admin, you can check on this.

Best of luck,

Carolyn

Hi Carolyn! 

Thanks for the quick response. Unfortunately when I try to add them to space permissions their name does not show up. I am trying to add two people and I cannot even tag them in comments. I am able to add other people in my company but not the people I need to. I have added both people to my team and they have accounts, for some reason they just do not show up. Any idea on how to fix this? 

carolyn french
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 17, 2019

Did you confirm that the two people have product access (just another thing to check since you say they have accounts)?

Can you screenshot where you've added them to your team? From the documentation, seems like teams are across sites, so that doesn't necessarily give them access. https://confluence.atlassian.com/cloud/teams-in-atlassian-cloud-975019753.html

I added them using this link https://ritualco.atlassian.net/people/search, I clicked under "my teams" and went to "add people", I was able to add them both no problem. However, when I go to Space Settings and go to Edit Permissions their names do not show up. I tried adding other co-workers who weren't even part of the team and their names showed up. 

carolyn french
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 20, 2019

And did you check in the admin section to make sure they have product access?

Otherwise, I'm not sure why this is happening. Maybe Atlassian Support can give you a better idea for troubleshooting.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events