It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

I added anew user to Confluence, but he is defaulted into a Jira Service Desk instance. Why?

I added a new user to Confluence via the Administration page.  I selected Confluence as the platform for the new user.  However, the user is prompted into a Jira Service Desk instance instead of Confluence.  I see the user as a member of the confluence-users group, however the user cannot create new pages in Confluence.

Any help is appreciated.

Thank, Kari

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Daniel Eads Atlassian Team Mar 11, 2020

Hey Kari,

There is a setting in the Product access page for the admin settings of your site ( yoursite.atlassian.net/admin ) that controls where users are supposed to land when they just access the base URL ( yoursite.atlassian.net ):

image.png

It's possible that Jira is set as the default application here and the user might not see the app switcher to get over to Confluence.

Are they able to access Confluence by putting /wiki at the end of your site URL?  Example:

yoursite.atlassian.net/wiki

Thanks,
Daniel

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Confluence

Lessons and Learnings: Six Months of Working Remote [Discussion]

Hey there, folks! For most of us, the past six months- yes, you read that right- have been a journey. More people than ever before have pivoted to working remotely, and navigating being on-scre...

7,551 views 6 6
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you