Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hyperlink to wiki article does not go directly to article page?

Marcie Oates October 9, 2017

I am attempting to insert a hyperlink to a specific page within Confluence wiki.  the hyperlink will open a general page, but not the specific page I need.  

1 answer

0 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 10, 2017

Hi Marcie,

1. What version of Confluence are you running?
  2. Can you tell me the format of the URL you inserted?
  3. What does the general page look like that it's linking to instead, and what do you want to see?

Kind Regards,
Shannon

Marcie Oates October 12, 2017
  • What version of Confluence are you running?Confluence 6.2.0

• Can you tell me the format of the URL you inserted?https (colon and two wacks) wiki.company.com/display/pm/phone+6900

• What does the general page look like that it's linking to instead, and what do you want to see?   Even though the link is to a direct page within Confluence, when I add it as a hyperlink within a SP document, when I click on the link, it takes me to a completely different page within Confluence. a general overview page instead of directly to the page I wanted? 

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 13, 2017

Hi Marcie,

Thanks for that.

Can you clarify with me what you mean by "SP document"? Are you inserting the link on a page in Confluence or somewhere else? 

Kind Regards,
Shannon

Marcie Oates October 13, 2017

I am attempting insert a link into SP  to Confluence.  

Marcie Oates October 13, 2017

SP = Sharepoint

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events