How upgrading 6.14.1 to 7.1 no data loss?

Михаил December 5, 2019

Hello, my name is Mikhail Kovzik and i work in Ural Bank of Reconstruction and Develobment in Yekaterinburg (UBRR). Sorry for my bad english language, i just from Russia. I recently work here, and person accompaying this system quit. Nobody learn me how to accompany this system. Also i write this from personal account on Atlassian.com and i don't have access in previous account. Could you answer on my next question with details? Very grateful in advance!

Our organization have 100 license on Confluence Server. Support expires December 11 and we need to update from 6.14.1 version on 7.1 no data loss. How do this?

Confluence: SEN-13004990
Server id: BWR0-S0S8-KDD5-N9D6

1 answer

0 votes
Shankar Asam {Appfire}
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 5, 2019

Hi Mikhail,

I understand that you want to upgrade your confluence instance from 6.14.1 to 7.1 before your license expires and you want to do this without the data loss. 

yes, it is possible to upgrade with out the data loss. But, I would suggest you upgrade first in your stage or test environment before doing it in production. That way if you encounter any issues you could find them and fix them. If you don't have a staging server, see this link to set up one.

There are two ways you can upgrade the confluence. 1. Manual 2. Automatic using installer. In case, for installer you just need to download the version of confluence you want to upgrade and run the executable file and choose upgrade option.  For manual up gradation, refer this link.

As part of upgrade, you may also consider looking at add-ons and compatibility. For further information, refer this upgrade guide

Good luck

-Shankar

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events