Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to view deleted Comments History

Robert Durand March 17, 2014

Hello,

I have been searching regarding deleted comments, so far I have found that comments deleted cannot be restored.

Is it possible to view the history or log of deleted comments?

I want to see as much information of deleted comments like who posted the comment and who deleted it. If there is no way to see this log then we would have to restrict who is able to delete comments.

Thanks in advance.

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Rodrigo Girardi Adami
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 20, 2014

Hi Robert,

As far as I know, deleted comments cannot be restored, so this implies that comments are not stored after a deletion and possible the comment doesn't leave any data in the database.

In order to retrieve comments and historic data, you will need to retrieve database backups.

regards,

Rodrigo

1 vote
Paul Clark _Redmoon Software_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
April 2, 2014

Hi Robert

If you are interested I have created a Comment History plugin for JIRA. It allows you to see previous edits and deletions. The change and deletion history is only collected from the point that you install the plugin. Its on the marketplace at https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.redmoon.jira.commenthistory.commenthistory

Sorry just realised this was for Confluence.

Thanks

Paul

Simon Merrick April 22, 2018

Paul, are you aware of or working on an equivalent app for confluence?

Paul Clark _Redmoon Software_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
April 23, 2018

Hi Simon

SorrySo am not aware of any confluence apps for comment history and I'm not working on a confluence version of comment history

Thanks

Paul

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events