How to use the Attlassian companion in JIRA?

Benjamin Rosen September 24, 2018

Hi,

I've been using the Atlassian companion in Confluence to edit files without having to download/reupload. I can't seem to find a way to do it with JIRA attachments. I know there's a paid macro for this but I would like to try and avoid that. Is there a native / free way to accomplish this? Thanks! 

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
AhmadDanial
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 24, 2018

Hi, Benjamin.

While the functionality of Atlassian Companion is only available for Confluence as of now as mentioned in the Edit Files, there is no plans set in stone to bring the similar functionality to JIRA as of now. Nevertheless, I went ahead and created the following Suggestion:

I encourage you to visit the suggestion page linked above and click the Vote and Watch links near the top right to show support for the feature. By doing this, it will ensure you are proactively informed of progress and updates going forward.

Feel free to share your thoughts / feedback too by leaving a comment on the ticket as this helps the team prioritize & understand the use case of the feature request.

Meanwhile, do you mind sharing the paid add-on that you are referring to so other users can check it out and see if it fits the business requirement that they have?

Benjamin Rosen September 26, 2018

Thank you so much, will do! This is the paid add-on: GoEdit - Direct Attachment Edit for Jira | Atlassian Marketplace. Appreciate your help.

AhmadDanial
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 30, 2018

Hello, Benjamin.

You are most welcome and thanks for sharing the add-on too. For future reference of users who may be interested to check on the add-on mentioned by @Benjamin Rosen, here is the link:

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events