How to use Scriptrunner to Auto Create JIRA Epics from Confluence Cloud

Bryan Tiang June 27, 2022

Hi All, 

Im currently using Confluence Cloud and have the following Add Ons Installed

• Comala Document Management (Cloud)
  • Scriptrunner By Adaptavist (Cloud)

Im trying to implement a workflow where approved pages (by Comala) would automatically create a JIRA Epic in my JIRA Cloud instance.

I would like to be able to define the JIRA Project in which the Epic would be created in as well. 

Ive tried searching high and low on how to do this, but the documentations i could find relating to this are only for Server/Data Center Versions. 

Sample Articles

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Marketplace-Apps-Integrations/Create-Jira-issues-from-inside-Confluence-with-Comala-Workflows/ba-p/1182067

https://library.adaptavist.com/entity/create-a-jira-issue-when-a-page-or-blog-post-is-approved-comala-document-management-integration

Could someone help advise how to get this done for the Cloud Versions?

Help would be very much appreciated!

1 answer

0 votes
Laura Campbell _Seibert Media_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 29, 2022

Hello @Bryan Tiang Welcome to Community.

Have you tried contacting the vendors, Comala and Adaptavist? They are probably the best placed to be able to help you, and support from a vendor is part of the services included when you purchase an app. 

Bryan Tiang June 30, 2022

Yes i have.

The feedback was that this feature is not enable in Cloud, and it doesnt seem to be available anytime soon. 

This is very sad to hear as this is a very key feature in resolving workflow issues in the company. 

I am not trying to find alternative means so achieve this similar workflow. 

I hope others have encountered this issue and have thought of a work around.

It would be really great if someone could help.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events