How to use JIRA Macro in templates?

WUYI LI June 25, 2013

I am new to JIRA and Confluence. And my boss wants me to make a report template for our team. It looks easy but still I get some difficulties couldn't conquer.

Using JIRA Macro, I could add the JIRA key and see the projects details, however, how could I do to make a list showing the projects and my teammates who uses the template, could add the projects by himself.

Any helps will be appreciated.

Wuyi

2 answers

1 vote
Sherif Mansour
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 26, 2013

Hi Wuyli Li,

It is not possible to do this at the moment. I have a question for you, what do you want this for? Are you generating some sort of release notes or project report? We are currently working on a Project Report Blueprint for JIRA. This allows you to select Create > JIRA Report > and then selet the many different types of reports.

Does that sound like it could help you in what you are trying to ahcieve? I'd love to hear more about what exactly you are trying to do and if you would be interested in giving us feedback once we have a prototype to show you. Interested? Please email me: smansour at atlassian dot com.

WUYI LI June 26, 2013

Thanks for your reply. My goal is to make a template of weekly report for everyone in my team. It should cover project JIRA key#, progress; research information, and other activities. It helps everyone to monitor his working perfermance, as well as helping our team leader to generalize a team report.

JIRA report you mentioned is very helpful but my template covers not only JIRA but also some other activities, like research, meeting etc.

0 votes
WUYI LI June 26, 2013

Just now, I found I couldn't add a JIRA macro where had instructional text.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events