Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use Content Suppliers from Excerpt-Include-Page in Excerpt Macro

Sebastian December 16, 2021

Hallo everybody,

I need your help with a problem using the excerpt macro.

I have in one page (Page 1) an excerpt part including the "Report Info Macro" configured with "content:modification date".

And in the other pages (Page 2, 3, 4...) I include the excerpt part from Page 1. I want to show the modification date of the include page (Page 2, 3, 4...). But only the modification date of the excerpt page (Page 1) is displayed. I understand why, of course, but is there a way to access the content suppliers of the include page from inside the include area?

e.g.:

Page 1: modification date = 2021-12-16 (excerpt source)
Page 2: modification date = 2021-12-01 (excerpt destination / include)

Page 2 shows:
IS: modification date = 2021-12-16 (from excerpt source page)
SHOULD: modification date = 2021-12-01 (from include page)

I am searching for something like: "masterpage > content:modification date"

When using "parent > content:modification date" I get parent of page 1. How to get to the information of the include page???

Thanks for trying to help me.

Sebastian

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Sebastian February 17, 2022

I have found a solution, even if it is not pretty, but it works.

Page 1: modification date = 2021-12-16 (excerpt source)
Page 2: modification date = 2021-12-01 (excerpt destination / include)

In Page 1 I include the "Report Info" Macro with the key: "variable:var_moddate"
In Page 2 I include the "Report Variable" Macro with Name "var_moddate" and value "%content:modification date%"

Page 2 shows now:
modification date = 2021-12-01 (from include page) in the excerpt part

So now I have the possibility to maintain a page element centrally in one place and can include it on all pages via excerpt. On each page the excerpt is then supplied with data from the include page. I had hoped that this would be easier, but perhaps there will be content suppliers with access to the include page at some point.

3 votes
Katerina Kovriga _Stiltsoft_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 17, 2021

Hi @Sebastian ,

If it happens so that you use our Table Filter and Charts for Confluence app in your company, then you may use our Table Excerpt/Table Excerpt Include macros (they collect both multiple-row tables and paragraphs).

The Table Excerpt Include macro allows you to show such page meta data as:

• page
  • parent page
  • space
  • labels
  • excerpt
  • author
  • last modifier
  • created
  • updated

Maybe this could help your case.

Sebastian December 17, 2021

No, sorry, we are not using this products. And the problem is not to get the date, the problem is to get the date from the page where the excerpt-part is included.

Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 17, 2021

The meta data belongs to the each page containing the Excerpt, not to the page containing the Table Excerpt Include macro.

So, on the page with Table Excerpt Include macros you'll see info when the source pages were created and updated (when and by whom).

Like # people like this
Sebastian December 17, 2021

OK, I saw that we have the Table Excerpt/Table Excerpt Include macro and I tried it.

But here it shows the identical behavior as described above. In the included part always the metadata of the source page is referenced. But I ask for a way / a possibility to access the metadata of the page where the include was made.

Maybe this is not possible, but because I do not know, I ask the community :-)

Rising Star
Rising Star
December 17, 2021

Then maybe I've got the question wrong - you really can access the page meta data where Excerpts are placed from the Include page but not the other way.

Maybe other apps have such possibilities - let's wait for answers from other vendors.

Like # people like this
1 vote
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 9, 2022

Hi there,

As this question mentions our Table Filter and Charts for Confluence app, we are happy to introduce its new macro – Table Spreadsheet.

The macro allows you to work with fully functional Excel spreadsheets right in Confluence.

You’ll be able to use cells’ formulas, filters, conditional formatting, etc., create pivot tables and charts from the page view/edit modes.

The Table Spreadsheet macro is available for Cloud and Server/Data Center.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events