Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to update Applinks manually?

Karola Schaeuble October 3, 2012

We are currently running Confluence 3.5.13 and won't be able to update for a while.

We also have a JIRA instance and want to use the Application Link feature. Unfortunately we are running into this bug: https://ecosystem.atlassian.net/browse/APL-663

The AppLinks version bundled with our Confluence is 3.3 and if I understand the version matrix AppLinks 3.4 should also be compatible with Confluence 3.5.13. Is that correct?

If that is the case how can I update the AppLinks Plugin in my current installation?

Thanks a lot!

Karola Schaeuble

1 answer

0 votes
GuilhermeA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 27, 2012

Hello Karola,

I have not tested this, but it does not mean that you can't try! You could pickup the AppLinks Plugin and install it to your Confluence.

You can pickup the file inside <confluence-install>/confluence/WEB-INF/classes/com/atlassian/confluence/setup, Bundled plugins are included in a zip of jars called atlassian-bundled-plugins.zip

So you can pickup the new plugin and upload it though Confluence UI at Plugins > Upload Plugin.

There is no guarantees, there might be dependencies for the plugin to run, but its worth a try.

Cheers,

Guilherme

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events