How to track slow loading macros in Confluence?

We have several pages that have begun to load slowly, and we'd like to identify which macros in particular are slowing down the page load.  I've already seen this page: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Identifying+Slow+Performing+Macros, but the documentation appears to be out of date.  The only macros that show up in the logs are the ones that are still using wiki markup.  Is anyone aware of a more recent method to identify which macros are slowing down a page load?

2 answers

This widget could not be displayed.
Stephen Deutsch Community Champion Oct 20, 2014

It ended up being Section and Column macros that were slowing the page down, but it would have been nice to be able to figure that out a little easier than having to manually delete sections of the page here and there, especially for complex pages. Anyone have any ideas?

This widget could not be displayed.

Hi Stephen,

I believe what you're looking for is to enable the Performance profiling, which can tell us what exactly is slowing things down once we load a page. I highly suggest that you do the test that you want, then disable the performance profiling option, is just because your logs will be huge otherwise.

Cheers,
WZ.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Monday in Confluence

Why start from scratch? Introducing four new templates for Confluence Cloud

Hi my Community friends!  For those who don't know me, I'm a product marketer on the Confluence Cloud team - nice to meet you! For those of you who do, you know that I've been all up in your Co...

464 views 6 6
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you