How to track search queries in Confluence?

Stefan Eike
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 15, 2013

Hi,

it would be nice to know for what people are searching to arrange the information architecture to their behaviour and to feed the Synonym plugin. Are queries logged somewhere? How do you handle that?

Best regards,

Stefan

4 answers

1 accepted

5 votes
Answer accepted
Septa Cahyadiputra
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 15, 2013

Hi Stefan,

Sorry, Confluence currently does not have such feature available. I hvae created a new improvement request here:

Feel free to address your concern and add more information on how do you want this feature to be implemented so our developer would be aware of it. We highly recommend you to vote on the mentioned feature request to raise the popularity, watch it so that you would be updated on it.

For more information on how Atlassian implements new features and improvement please see the following document: Implementation of New Features and Improvements.

Cheers,
Septa Cahyadiputra

1 vote
Matthew J. Horn
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 8, 2013

By the way, you can track search keywords in a Confluence site by using Google Analytics.

Priscilla November 10, 2017

Matthew, consider me totally new to Google Analytics. Would you know how one can see the search keywords on a Confluence site by using Google Analytics?

Karen K January 2, 2019

I'm trying to figure this out too. Any help would be appreciated!

0 votes
Sergey Svishchev
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 5, 2013

A workaround is to enable logging at DEBUG level for com.atlassian.confluence.search.v2.lucene package but beware that search terms are logged after transformation and other sources in the app use the search engine.

0 votes
Stefan Eike
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 15, 2013

Hi Septa,

thanks a lot!

Best regards,

Stefan

Septa Cahyadiputra
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 15, 2013

it is my pleasure :)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events