Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to track search queries in Confluence outside of Google Analytics plugin?

Cindy May 5, 2017

Is there a way one can search queries in Confluence within a specific space? That is, if I have a search set up within a space (vs. a global search).

Unfortunately at this time my organization is unable to purchase/install the Google Analytics Plugin for Confluence, so hoping for a workaround in the meantime. 

I know this question has been posed before, so apologies if it sounds like a repeat!

2 answers

0 votes
David at David Simpson Apps
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
May 7, 2017

Hi Cindy, I blogged about this back in 2009 -- "4 Useful Tips on Google Analytics Reporting for Confluence" and it still holds true.

Check section 2 -- "Enable Site Search & Search Categories in GA" -- and section 3 -- "Use "Site Search Categories" to show search terms from within individual sites".

I hope this helps.

Steve Arrants May 14, 2020

David --

I've followed the instructions, but I'm getting results such as 

• 2LD6DRAMY, which, when I click that result, gives me /display/CS/General+Functions?searchId=2LD6DRAMY

Is that what I should be seeing?

0 votes
Dennis May 5, 2017

Hi Cindy, we are using PIWIK analytics in our company. You can implement the tracking JS snippet with ease. Piwik is open source and can be installed on prem. You'll be able to fulfill all privacy requirements and be the owner of your data without any cloudservice involved. BR! Dennis

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events