How to show confluence pages with a specific label in slack using confluence >< slack integration

Muhammad Fardan March 31, 2021

my slack workspace is integrated with cloud confluence apps

when i tried to find confluence page of specific label in the slack using this command 

"/confluence search <label-name>"

it didnt give expected result, it didnt show confluence page with given label name

1 answer

0 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 2, 2021

Hello Muhammad,

Thank you for raising this question with us.

According to the information returned when I type /confluence help:

/confluence search <text>: Search for the content in linked sites

The command will search your Confluence site for that text. It does not limit it to labels, and there doesn't appear to be a way to specify the label in your search. Can you tell me about the results you received but weren't expecting?

As a workaround, I found a 3rd-party add-on called Obie that uses Confluence's built-in search in tangent with Slack. They wrote a blog article on this process. You can install the add-on from their listing on Atlassian Marketplace if you want to try it.

Let me know if you have any questions!

Take care,

Shannon

Muhammad Fardan April 5, 2021

Hi Shannon,

Thanks you for answering my question.

I had created several pages in confluence under a specific label, lets say "kubernetes-manual". So I expected that those pages link are shown in the result when I typed 

/confluence search kubernetes-manual

But none of my pages was listed in the result, Its only show some other pages that may have "kubernetes" or "manual" word

Thanks for the suggesstion, I will check Obie page to explore it.

Regards,

Fardan

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 6, 2021

Hi Fardan,

Thank you for clarifying that. The integration is a basic text search of the page content, and so it doesn't look at labels. You can confirm this if you put the kubernetes-manual text into a page and see if it returns the page.

I hope this helps!

Take care,

Shannon

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events