Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to set up a testing instance

Mike Lo July 29, 2012

Hi there,

I've just deployed a production instance with commercial license, and now I want to set up a testing instance. So my questions are:

1. Could I use any Confluence version of installer for this test instance?

2. Should I enter my commercial license (which in use on the production) on the testing instance or just keep it as a trial?

Thanks in advance for the help.

Mike

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
RianA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 29, 2012

Hi Mike,

In regards to the first question, it depends on what kind of test environment that you would like to have. If you would like to evaluate the next version, you could use the version newer than your production, however if you would like to have duplicate test instance for troubleshooting purpose, I would suggest you to stick with the same version.

Regarding the license, you could use the developer license that can be accessed in your license details in https://my.atlassian.com

Hope this information helps! Cheers,
Josua

Mike Lo July 30, 2012

Thanks you, Thomas and Rian. I plan to have an instance for the troubleshooting so I'll stick with the same version, and the developer license has worked perfectly.

Cheers!

Mike

Mike Lo July 30, 2012

Thanks for the heads-up, Rian. I plan to have an instance for troubleshooting first.

Mike

1 vote
Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 29, 2012

Hi Mike,

make a regular installation on another server with another database. Then get a developer license for your test environment (at the same page where you got your regular license)

Cheers

Thomas

Mike Lo July 30, 2012

Thanks Thomas, got the developer license and it works perfectly.

Mike

Like alwaysharsha likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events