How to set category as a site homepage? - via Tomcat welcome file?

Aleš Laňar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 8, 2014

Hi there.

I have a category and i need to set it as site homepage. In admin is setting just for spaces, but i need a category. So the homepage should be exmapleconfluencesite.com/category/inet. Can anybody help me?

If somebody could help me to set it via tomcat, it will be great! smile

Many thanks!

Aleš

1 answer

0 votes
Dennis Andersen
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 10, 2014

Hi Aleš,

Unfortunately you cannot set a category as a homepage. As you’ve already stated, the Confluence admin setting only allow for spaces to be specified as a homepage. A workaround could be to specify a space homepage, and from there use a redirection macro to forward the user to your desired category url. This way you could have a category as a homepage, event if it’s in two steps.

Cheers,

Dennis

Aleš Laňar
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 10, 2014

Hi Dennis,

That is sad :( Because category is homepage of intranet. And I cant have a blank redirecting space. What do you think, is it possible to set it in DB somewhere?

Thank you for advice :)

Aleš

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events