How to set a space as a 'space template'?

On an Confluence platform, there are several existing spaces.

I've just figured out that 3 of them are set as "space template", because when I click on:

'Create Space' / 'Company Manual' (which is a "Space blueprint") / 'Next'

As a result, I get this drop-down list with 3 items:

3-space-templates.png

=> I can find and edit these 3 spaces. However, how have they been set as "template"? In other words, how can I populate this drop-down list myself?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Accepted answer

Here is the solution, very specific to my issue: I was not member of the 'company-template-managers' group, which gets access rights to access to the 'Template Management' page / menu.

Hello @Nicolas Casel,

Lemme try help you.

1. Go to the space and choose Space tools > Content Tools from the bottom of the sidebar
  2. Choose Templates Create new template.

If your space uses the Documentation theme:

1. Choose Browse > Space Admin from the header

Note:The Space Admin option appears only if you have space admin permissionsor if you're part of the 'confluence-administrators' group.

2. Choose Templates from the space administration options.
  3. Choose Create new template.

Step by step from documentation https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/_adding-a-space-template-228065449.html

Regards,

Lameck.

Thanks Lameck for your feedback because it makes me figure out that my question is not properly written.

To be correct, I would like to create a template of a "full wiki space", and not a (page) template inside an existing wiki space. In other words, my goal is to proceed like this:

• I create a "full wiki space" template. Based on the default Confluence wiki space, I add some CSS and display tweaks, and some 'mandatory' pages that I want to have in every new space
  • Then, whenever I need to create a new wiki space, I choose this template. As a result, I avoid adding these CSS tweaks and 'mandatory' pages for every new one

@Nicolas Casel, I think who @Nic Brough [Adaptavist] is the best expert to help you.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Nov 29, 2018 in New to Confluence

How to use Confluence Cloud for stakeholder management

Most of us don’t need much convincing that stakeholder management is important. It just makes sense that keeping everyone in-the-know on projects and assigning clearly defined roles is key to having ...

1,093 views 0 5
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you