Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to send email to multiple confluence users

Tim Penner September 11, 2014

I'm wondering about managing a Confluence site. How can I:

• find out who's online and editing so I know not to do a shutdown?
  • how do I notify everyone that the system is going down for maintenance?

4 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 11, 2014

As for announcing a down time check out the Public Annoucement Service addon in the marketplace. It's made by Atlassian. It's a bit nicer than adding stuff to the custom HTML section. Plus users can dismiss it once they have read it.

1 vote
Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 11, 2014

The "user list" macro can display the currently logged in users. It also allows you to specify a group. What I would do is set the group to confluence-users(assuming you use this group for granting login to Confluence)  and then set the "Display Online/Offline Users" drop downto true. This should give you a list of the users in the confluence-users group that are logged in.

Charles Wells
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 11, 2014
1 vote
Charles Wells
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 11, 2014

Tim, looks like a user macro is the way to go for determining who's logged into Confluence. Please reference the information presented in this related question "https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/36898".

As far as broadcasting a message, check out this video to see how to add an announcement banner via custom HTML. (FYI, this demonstrates with an older version so some aspects, such as the location of Space Admin link, may be in different locations but the steps should be sound.)

Cheers

1 vote
Yagnesh Bhat
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 11, 2014

Not sure about the first question, but for your second question , here are the approaches:

https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/44039

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events