How to schedule individual space backup in Confluence rather than backup the whole Confluence site with all spaces?

Karen June 22, 2015

How to schedule individual space backup in Confluence rather than backup the whole Confluence site with all spaces?

3 answers

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 22, 2015

That's not what the backups are for.  Backups are for keeping a backup.  Which is clearly of everything.

If you want a separate space export, then all you have is the space export, which is a manual operation.  I'd script that with curl or something, because there's nothing for doing partial backups.

0 votes
Karen June 22, 2015

Hi Nic and Chander, thank you. I am aware of the manual individual space xml export. We have quite a lot of spaces on our Confluence. The non functional requirement for few particular spaces requires a daily backup. It will be useful to automate the individual space xml export for this purposes rather than doing the whole site backup for all spaces. Do you have any experience on scripting this? I am new to Confluence, not sure which script in the Confluence config file does this? Any suggestion will be greatly appreciated. 

0 votes
Chander Inguva
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 22, 2015

I agree with Nic, If you want individual space backups then you have to have permssions to export the individual space and import back when needed and again Scheduling a backup is for whole instance rather than single spaces.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events