How to save labels dynamically via page properties or Labels macro?

Janek Alla August 5, 2016

I'm using product requirements blueprint and I need that during creation new requirement an addition label will be saved together with by default label "requirements".

The additional label should be like "xx123-requirements" where thexx123 is projectCode for example.

I need it because I want to list the requirements using Product requirements index blueprint and by filtering them with the project based label on appropriate project page.

Perfect would be use a variable like $projectCode in the page template were the "Create new requirement" macro will be placed so that the label will be concatenated by the variable $projectCode and static string "requirements".

How to do it?

P.S. Maybe there is another solution how to filter or limit the requirements list in case I put it into every project page template?

Using Confluence 5.7.

1 answer

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Roman Kirilenko
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 5, 2016

Hi!

Maybe another solution will be suitable for you. I don't know the whole case, but you can try to use Page Properties macro + Page Properties Report macro. Page Properties Report allows you to build the report table (you need to use labels to identify what pages should be included into the report, this can be one label like "requirements" for all requirements pages). Then your report table can be easily filtered with Table Filter and Charts add-on.

As a result, you'll get something like this:

image2016-8-5 16:18:35.png 

Janek Alla August 7, 2016

We don't have Table Filter and Charts add-on.

Nick Worth April 4, 2017

Is it not possible to define a variable within the page that then sets the value for the macro on the page? Trying to create global templates with Macros seems impossible without this.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events