Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to restrict the use of an add-on in a space for specific users/groups?

Donia October 12, 2021

Hi everyone, 

I'd like to restrict the use of the Scroll PDF Exporter add-on to the space owner. 

Currently, I can set this paremeter in the Space Settings > Permissions section, to hide the native export feature (Space Settings > Content > Export) to space's visitors. But, visitors have always access to the scroll pdf add-on from this menu in the space pages: 

scroll menu.png

Any help please ? 

3 answers

3 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 12, 2021

Apps simply don't work this way, or at least not within the Jira framework.

The only way you can do "only certain people can use the app" is if the app implements the functions to do it.

I wouldn't worry too much about the security of the scroll app though - if people can see the page, they can get a copy of it.  Removing the ability to export in a nicer controlled format is not going to do anything to increase security.

Donia October 13, 2021

Thanks Nic for your reply!

Cheers, 

2 votes
Answer accepted
Nils Bier _K15t_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 13, 2021

Hi @Donia

Unfortunately restricting the export functionality to certain users or groups is currently not possible in Scroll PDF Exporter for Cloud.

We've implemented this for Server and DC earlier, and are tracking this request in our public Jira instance: https://k15t.jira.com/browse/EXP-2346

As @Nic Brough -Adaptavist- mentioned, we're not seeing this as a big security improvement, as - if users can access a page, they'll be able to get a copy of it (even without Scroll PDF Exporter). At the same time we understand the use case and requirement and will have a look at improving this eventually. Please feel free to register on our Jira instance, to comment, vote, or watch the mentioned improvement.

Cheers,
Nils

Donia October 13, 2021

So clear, thanks Nils for your reply!

Regards, 

0 votes
Answer accepted
Bill Bailey
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 12, 2021

Generally, unless the configuration for that addin doesn't support that option, it cannot be generally set. I would suggest reaching out to K15t to see if they have a solution.

Donia October 13, 2021

Thanks Bill for your reply

Already done with K15t support, unfortunately that's only available in Server version of Scroll PDF Exporter

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events