How to rename all the Space name and pages names in Confluence

F October 7, 2014

Hi Team,

I need to rename all the Spaces and Pages in the Confluence instance. Other than going to each and every Space/Page and edit the title, is there any way (DB query or using REST API) by which I can rename all the Spaces and Pages in the Confluence.

We faced an issue where we need to share the Confluence instance backup to Atlassian, we tried Content Anonymiser, which will only Anonymise the Contents not the Space name and Page title.

2 answers

0 votes
F October 8, 2014

Hi Davin,

Thanks for your reply. I am having more than 1000  pages in the Confluence instance and  renaming every page one by one using the CLI is not a feasible solution. I will look into the SOAP or XML-RPC API's methods. Thanks for you suggetion.

Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 9, 2014

The CLI can renamed based on a CSV or spreadsheet. It can loop through it so you don't have to do it one by one.

0 votes
Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 8, 2014

Check out the Confluence Command Line Interface. There is a method for renaming pages. You could also do it yourself if you use the SOAP or XML-RPC API's. I would not recommend doing it through the DB. That is a great way to mess up your install really quickly.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events