Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to remove user from Confluence that was deleted from external directory managed by JIRA?

David Csikkel April 11, 2019

Hello,

Maybe trivial question but I am not admin, I am the only man who knows at least something about JIRA and Confluence in our Organization :-)

I have Confluence configured to use JIRA as external user directory (Server, not Cloud).

I have deleted one user in JIRA  but he  still remains in Confluence. 

I cannot delete him even from Group visible in Confluence (look into log... grrr, how when I have no access to physical server).

Any suggestions?

Thanx

David C.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Kurt Klinner
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 14, 2019

@David Csikkel 

Hi David

did you check if the sync of the user directory from jira to confluence is working?

Cheers

Kurt

David Csikkel April 15, 2019

Hi Kurt,

thanx for answer.

It should working, but it takes some time... I have no option to check it I am not administrator... I really only and the only man who knows at least some basic stuff about Atlassian tools.

Finally, it was synced... Is it standard behavior that it takes minutes?

Kurt Klinner
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 15, 2019

@David Csikkel 

Yes it takes some time, the default sync interval is 60 min, but this can be modified

https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/synchronizing-data-from-external-directories-229838498.html

Cheers

Kurt

Kurt Klinner
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 20, 2019

@David Csikkel 

Just wanted to ask if there any other questions related to that problem

If not it would be great if you could mark this issue as "answered"

Cheers

Kurt

David Csikkel April 21, 2019

Big big big apologize, I forgot to thank you for explanation and revealing of function for synchronization. 

Cheers

Dave

Kurt Klinner
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 21, 2019

@David Csikkel  No need to apologize 😀. Glad that i could help

All the best

Kurt

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events