Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to remove page restrictions when the group which it is permitted to is empty?

hemanth acharya April 25, 2016

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Page Restrictions

Hi Experts,

I have couple of pages whose 'Permitted User/Group' is set to a group. That group does not have any members in it. As a system admin, I am not able to remove the restrictions of those pages. and on click of those pages I see the standard message: 

The page you were trying to reach could not be found. This could be because:

• The page does not exist.
  • The page exists, but you do not have permission to view it.

Also, I navigated to "Space Tools" -> "Permissions" -> "Restricted Pages" and I am able to see the pages there, but if I try to click the padlock on the right for that page, I see the same message as above.

How can I fix this?

Thanks,

Hemanth

1 answer

1 vote
Rachel Robins
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 27, 2016

Hi Hemanth, if you're a Confluence administrator, I'd suggest that the easiest way to rectify this is to add yourself to the group in question, remove the permissions on the restricted pages. 

The process you describe to remove restrictions should work - I'm guessing it may be failing because of a bug. 

If you continue to have problems, I'd recommend contacting our support team for assistance  support.atlassian.com. 

hemanth acharya April 27, 2016

Adding myself to the group and changing the permission worked! thanks for that. But, I have one more question, what in the case if the page restriction is only on an particular user and he/she has left the company?

Thanks

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events