Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to remove page info message in the default space header

ElizabethC September 1, 2013

I need to remove the "Added by" and "Last edited by" message in the default space header. I am not currently familiar with CSS and would like to do this ASAP.

Does anyone know what to paste into the CSS Editor to remove that line, or at minimum keep it from exporting to .HTML? There is also an Attachments section added at the bottom of each .HTML page we would prefer wasn't there.

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
David Simpson September 1, 2013

In Confluence Admin | Look & Feel | Custom HTML

Paste into At the end of the HEAD:

<style>
  #com-atlassian-confluence .page-metadata {
    display: none;
  }
</style>

This will hide the "Added by" etc section from all spaces even if they've applied a separate custom stylesheet.

ElizabethC September 2, 2013

Thank you David, it did stop displaying the line in Confluence.

The line still exports to HTML, along with the "Attachments:" title and link at the bottom. I tried unchecking the Include Comments box in Custom Export but both items are still showing on the HTML page.

I imagine there is some default export template to deal with for this.

0 votes
Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 3, 2013

In the "Page Layout" template you can remove or comment out this line to get rid of the "Added by" and "Last edited by" section of the page.

#parse ("/decorators/includes/page-metadata.vm").

0 votes
Matthew J. Horn
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 2, 2013

Do you have access to the decorators? If so, you can comment out the lines that render this information on the page.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events