Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to remove individual menupoints from Confluence for individual users?

Max Heidenreich May 27, 2015

Hello everybody,

i have a simple question. I create a new user for a client and already gave him the rights to see the related projects. On the other side he can also see the whole list of users from our system over the menu in the navigation. How can i set the rights that he can not see the menupoint in the navigation. See the attachement for better understanding. (i am sorry it is in german) Bereiche = spaces, Personen = persons

Greetings 
Max

Bildschirmfoto 2015-05-27 um 16.05.30.png

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Paulo Junior
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 28, 2015

Hi Max,

Since you are using cloud, and System Preferences is a restricted function for this kind of instance, you would have to open a support ticket at support.atlassian.com in order to have People Directory disabled.

Regarding the feature request, it already exists. Feel free to vote for it smile

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONF-7837

If this answer was useful, please feel free to accept it.

Cheers :) 

Max Heidenreich May 28, 2015

Thank you Paulo :)

0 votes
Max Heidenreich May 27, 2015

Hi Paulo,

thank you for your quick response. Its sad that there is no way to handle that with permission. Maybe it could be a new feature for your next releases? smile

Where do i found the place to edit the code-line, because we are using cloud?

Greetings Max

0 votes
Paulo Junior
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 27, 2015

Hi Max,

Unfortunately there is no way to "hide" the People Directory using a permission related way. There is a workaround for it, but it would actually hide the People Directory for all your Confluence Users:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Hiding+the+People+Directory

Cheers,

Paulo

Atlassian Support | Cloud

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events