How to remove individual menupoints from Confluence for individual users?

Hello everybody,

i have a simple question. I create a new user for a client and already gave him the rights to see the related projects. On the other side he can also see the whole list of users from our system over the menu in the navigation. How can i set the rights that he can not see the menupoint in the navigation. See the attachement for better understanding. (i am sorry it is in german) Bereiche = spaces, Personen = persons

Greetings 
Max

Bildschirmfoto 2015-05-27 um 16.05.30.png

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Accepted answer
Paulo Junior Atlassian Team May 28, 2015

Hi Max,

Since you are using cloud, and System Preferences is a restricted function for this kind of instance, you would have to open a support ticket at support.atlassian.com in order to have People Directory disabled.

Regarding the feature request, it already exists. Feel free to vote for it smile

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONF-7837

If this answer was useful, please feel free to accept it.

Cheers :) 

Thank you Paulo :)

0 votes
Paulo Junior Atlassian Team May 27, 2015

Hi Max,

Unfortunately there is no way to "hide" the People Directory using a permission related way. There is a workaround for it, but it would actually hide the People Directory for all your Confluence Users:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Hiding+the+People+Directory

Cheers,

Paulo

Atlassian Support | Cloud

Hi Paulo,

thank you for your quick response. Its sad that there is no way to handle that with permission. Maybe it could be a new feature for your next releases? smile

Where do i found the place to edit the code-line, because we are using cloud?

Greetings Max

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Oct 24, 2018 in Confluence

Atlassian Research opportunity with Confluence templates

Do you use templates with Confluence? Take part in a remote 1-hr workshop. You'll receive USD $100 for your time!   We're looking for people to participate in a   remote 1-hr workshop...

1,008 views 14 12
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you