Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to remove a user's profile avatar from profile and attachments?

Stephan Eisvogel June 19, 2015

When employees leave, data protection laws in the EU demand cleaning out personal info, including pictures of users. In Confluence 5.7.4 there appears to be no way to "unset" a user's profile in the GUI, other than overwrite it with a dummy image. Older versions had a button to delete one's own pictures. Also it appears that previous versions of uploaded avatars accumulate in attachments/ver003/nonspaced/.. and are possibly unreferenced and lost disk space.

How to reset a user's avatar to at least show the default dummy icon again? Deleting a user is not an option, because information entered by the user needs to stay in place for a while. The workflow needs to be an "anonymization" of the user at first.

1 answer

1 vote
Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 19, 2015

I created a utility to allow administrators to upload a picture to a user's profile. Check out the link below for the bitbucket repository.

Instructions

https://bitbucket.org/fredclown/confluence-profile-photo-uploader

Binary Download

https://bitbucket.org/fredclown/confluence-profile-photo-uploader/downloads/ConfluenceProfilePhotos%20v1.3.0.0.zip

Stephan Eisvogel June 19, 2015

Thanks, and I am aware of this tool, but that was not what was asked.

Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 19, 2015

Could you not use it to upload a different user pic?

Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 19, 2015

A blank one perhaps.

Stig G December 11, 2020

The bitbucket link is not working. Is it possible to get the script anywhere else? That would help me a lot.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events