How to remove Unknown macro: {XYZ} error in multiple confluence pages

Hi All,

Couple of years back we have deleted few macro's which are used in many pages, We are getting "Unknown macro: {XYZ}" in all the pages how to get rid of these errors. 

Thanks in Advance,

Kumar

2 answers

Hi Kumar,

the Search and Replace Plugin (https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/at.rumpelcoder.confluence.search-and-replace) can remove macros globally. 

Just find out the name of the macro (e.g. by looking at the storage format) and remove it using the plugin. IF you need further instructions, feel free to ask.

Best Regards,

Lukas

I will try using it Thank you

0 vote

Edit the pages and remove the broken macro entries.

A slightly less clean trick is to define a "user macro" with the same name (i.e. XYZ), then you can control the output - at least make it a bit nicer than the "unknown macro" display.

I will try this too Thank You

I should point out that the "user macro" trick is a cosmetic patch to make things look better. Ideally, remove the broken entries (and Lukas' answer can help you better there)

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Kesha Thillainayagam
Posted Apr 13, 2018 in Confluence

We want to hear how your non-technical teams are using Confluence!

Hi Community! Kesha (kay-sha) from the Confluence marketing team here! Can you share stories with us on how your non-technical (think Marketing, Sales, HR, legal, etc.) teams are using Confluen...

1,263 views 23 10
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you