How to "Notify Watchers" when approving a page to it's final state in Comala Document Management?

davin April 22, 2021

Hi,

Just setting up Comala Document Management for the first time.

Normally in Confluence you have the checkbox beside Save to "Notify Watchers" who are watching this space of any change you made in that page.

While using Comala Document Management, saving a page doesn't obviously release it to everyone. It goes through multiple stages before it is in the Final stage which is accessible to everyone. Is there a way to include the "Notify Watchers" feature when transitioning to the Final stage in a workflow?

Might be a very simple answer which I probably overlooked but any guidance is welcome. :)

2 answers

1 accepted

4 votes
Answer accepted
Ismael Jimoh
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 22, 2021

Hi @davin 

You will need to add a trigger macro to send email and in user section, add @watchers@.

See here for sample: https://wiki.comalatech.com/plugins/servlet/mobile?contentId=49356839#content/view/49356720

I hope this helps get you started.

davin April 22, 2021

Hey @Ismael Jimoh 

Is @watchers@ a valid user reference? I couldn't find it in the documentation.

This was the main reason I was avoiding the send-email macro.

Ismael Jimoh
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 22, 2021

It should be.

See under users section  on the table, it states you can use the watchers as a possible option if you want to notify watchers:

DAC635DC-AFC0-4C67-8455-D2D3BFE00882.png

With this and looking at the sample at the bottom of the page, it should be a valid entry.

Regards.

davin April 22, 2021

Ah, thank you! I was checking the Value References page as that's the one highlighted everywhere. This will work!

Like Ismael Jimoh likes this
Mike Rink
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 23, 2021

Thanks for the great answer, @Ismael Jimoh ! 

Ismael Jimoh
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 23, 2021

You are welcome @Mike Rink

0 votes
davin April 22, 2021

@James Conway would appreciate your expertise. Thank you.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events