Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to placing a link to an uploaded file in a confluence page ?

Olivier Thomas November 12, 2019

Running on Mac, I am trying to add a link to a document that I recently uploaded (pptx). I can add a file but it remains as a thumbnail. Clicking on the thumbnail does not propse me any option to enter a label instead...yet it is documented it should work this way. 

Does anyone else has the same issue ?

1 answer

1 vote
Deleted user November 12, 2019

Hi @Olivier Thomas

Welcome to the community!.

After adding the attachment save the page and then click on the attachment icon on the top of the page which takes you to the attachment page which list all the attachments in the page  from which you will be able to add the label. 

2019-11-13_00-34-58.png2019-11-13_00-37-15.png

Regards,

Vijay Ramamurthy

Olivier Thomas November 18, 2019

Hi Vijay,

Thanks for your reply ! But how adding a label will allow me to display a file as a link in a Confluence page, rather than as a thumbnail.

Currently here is what I have :

Capture d’écran 2019-11-18 à 17.36.43.png

And I am tring to achieve this :

Capture d’écran 2019-11-18 à 17.41.07.pngThanks !

Deleted user November 19, 2019

Hi @Olivier Thomas

Sorry about my earlier answer. For adding an attachment link. First add the attachment to the page. 

After adding the attachment save the page and then click on the attachment icon on the top of the page which takes you to the attachment page which list all the attachments in the page. Right click on the Attachment which you would want to add as attachment and select copy Link address as shown in the below screenshot. 

2019-11-19_15-02-01.png

Now come back to the page and enter the text which you would like to add a link text. Highlight the text and add click on link icon on the Editor tool bar, now paste the attachment link address which you copied in the earlier step.

2019-11-19_15-04-47.png

This will show you the text with the link to the attachment and once users click on the link the attachment will get downloaded.

Regards,

Vijay Ramamurthy

Like Mariam Zia likes this
alexandra June 14, 2021

This doesn't work anymore. Confluence just sends me to the same page (or the page where the attached file is at) but not to document. Any suggestions anyone?

Like # people like this
Nick Poulos December 1, 2021

They used to have a nice little menu, link to file.  They also used to allow different formatting on pages but they took it all away on the forced page upgrade. 

Like nradov likes this
Micah McCann February 5, 2022

Looks like you can use the attachments macro to create links to attachments from the same page or other Confluence pages.

By editing a page and clicking the plus icon you can insert the attachments macro.  From there you can drag and drop attachments to the page.  You can copy the hyperlink from the attachment when it's displayed on the list.  Hope this helps!

Attachments.jpg

Miranda Gray
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
December 4, 2023

I am still puzzled how I upload a document to the right space and link to it. My challenge is the page I am linking to is restricted to specific people and I need the uploaded document to have the same restrictions.

I settled for embedding the image rather than linking to a PDF of the diagram. (Not a diagram created by me. Not a gliffy diagram)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events