cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to override content-editor.vm

ket.pjwstk
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 29, 2011

Hi,

How can I override content-editor.vm, I would like to add some custom content. It seems like Action Conveyor cant help me or I dont know how to use it properly in such case.

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
David Peterson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 30, 2011

Because 'content-editor.vm' is an indirect import (that is, other .vm files import it), the only way to 'override' content-editor.vm is to modify the file on the server's file system. However, there are a couple of other possible options.

1. Use Conveyor to override the action(s) which import 'content-editor.vm', make your own clone of the .vm files and point them at your own custom version.

2. Use a JavaScript injection that hijacks the page after it's been loaded, possibly using a 'web-part'.

I haven't tried option 2 myself, but I believe it's possible. Could be the simplest route.

David

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events