How to open hyperlinks in the same window??

Natasha Thottacherry December 4, 2017

I seem to have the opposite problem that a lot of confluence users are having - my hyperlinks (or links to other pages in the same space) keep opening in new tabs when I don't want them to. I don't want to change the browser settings, is there a way to change this in Confluence?

1 answer

0 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 5, 2017

Hi Natasha,

Could you let me know what version of Confluence you're using, and which browsers you've had the problem in?

Usually I hear from users that want to force links to open in a new window or tab. I haven't yet seen any where it was doing it automatically, so if you can let me know the above information and also links to posts that you found were users are having this issue, I can look into it for you.

Kind regards,

Shannon

Natasha Thottacherry December 5, 2017

Hi Shannon, 

I know, it surprised me! My team generally uses google Chrome and we are on Confluence 5.9.4.

Any help will be much appreciated. 

Warm regards,

Natasha.

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 6, 2017

Natasha,

Thank you for confirming.

I've installed 5.9.4 on my system and I am not able to replicate the same behavior. I am also using Chrome.

A few things to test:

• Check if you have any of the add-ons recommended as a workaround for CONFSERVER-11194 currently installed.
  • Check if you have any Custom HTML applied.

Things to consider:

• Do all users on your Confluence instance have this problem? 
  • Does it occur all the time?
  • Does the problem occur in other browsers?
  • Does the problem occur on other computers?
  • Finally, are you able to replicate the issue when all Chrome add-ons are disabled and in Incognito Mode?

Thank you for your help!

Regards,

Shannon

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events