How to move page(s) in confluence?

sarah izadyar February 1, 2016

I'm using ver. 5.4.3. Unfortunately I can not move pages between spaces. neither in the tools menu "move" option works, nor in the edit page "set location". in both cases while I put the mouse to the point the proper URL is not displayed, instead the "viewpage.action" URL is dispaled. I searched the URL list for confluence actions but there was not any for moving a page. any one who knows what to do? 

2 answers

1 vote
Milo Test
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 1, 2016

I think your confusion is on specifying the new space location.

1. Select ••• -> Move
  2. Select Advanced, if necessary
  3. Start typing the new space name in the New space field and select the correct one that autocomplete shows you
  4. Start typing the new parent page that you want to move this page to, and again, select the correct one that autocomplete shows you
    TIP: The top level page in a space defaults to being the name of the space followed by "home" 
sarah izadyar February 1, 2016

the problem is when i click on MOVE, nothing happens. the URL displayed is viewpage.action!

Milo Test
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 2, 2016

I would contact support on that one.

Giles B
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 9, 2016

The move may be a little slow in that version of Confluence, so I'd contact support, as suggested, to see if it's trying to move the page in the background or if something's going wrong.

We've improved the page move time significantly in Confluence 5.9.x, but that obviously doesn't help the immediate problem.

0 votes
Robert Ortner February 1, 2016

in 5.8.6 you find in the "..." menu to move also to other spaces, or in the sidebar reorder pages. I don´t remember your old version - but perhaps it´s removed by the confluence admin?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events