How to monitor Confluence

Hi Guys,

I will be upgrading my Confluence and will be using Tomcat 6.0. I am going to have Tomcat monitored by Netcool. Is this sufficient for Confluence?. Do I need another way of monitoring my Confluence e.g if confluence goes down - will Tomcat know?

Thanks in advance :)

1 answer

1 accepted

Hi there,

I'm not familar with Netcool so I'm not able to tell you wheter it's suitable for your needs or not, but from looking at it I would assume it has most of your bases covered. The most important thing for you is that you have some kind of monitoring of the Java activity in your instance so you can monitor memory consumption, garbage collection throughput etc, but Netcool appears to have all that functionality so I believe it would cover your needs.

However, monitoring is only monitoring and I don't know whether Netcool has any functionality to trigger events such as a Tomcat restart when the instance goes down, so you might need to develop some custom scripts that are triggered by alarms from the monitoring system for recovery purposes.

All the best,
John

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Kesha Thillainayagam
Posted Apr 13, 2018 in Confluence

We want to hear how your non-technical teams are using Confluence!

Hi Community! Kesha (kay-sha) from the Confluence marketing team here! Can you share stories with us on how your non-technical (think Marketing, Sales, HR, legal, etc.) teams are using Confluen...

1,011 views 22 10
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you