How to migrate Jira Cloud Confluence spaces with attachments to another JIRA Cloud

We were using JIRA Cloud Confluence and changed from account. Now we would like to export the old Spaces from the old account into the new account (both Confluence Cloud).

What we did was to make an export by backup from the old site and import the original zip file to the new site. This is also how we found to do this in JIRA Cloud documentation. But we receive below error message every time:

Error message.png

After this we made an export for 1 Space in XML. This we can import correctly, but then the attachments are missing.

How can we export Space by Space (or multiple Spaces) with the attachments and import them>?

2 answers

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.
Ann Worley Atlassian Team Nov 03, 2017

Your approach is sound, I am not sure why the attachments are not in the XML space backups.

The attachments are meant to be included with the individual XML space exports. Please try again and let me know what you are seeing in place of the attachments in the restored space.

spaceexport.png

This widget could not be displayed.

Dear Ann,

Thank you for your reply. We exported now all Spaces separately as a XML file and now also the attachments were there without an error. I don't know what went wrong in the first export I received. For now the issue is solved.

Best regards,

Gerard

Ann Worley Atlassian Team Nov 07, 2017

Thanks for following up, Gerard. Great to hear the happy ending. :)

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Sep 17, 2018 in Confluence

Why start from scratch? Introducing four new templates for Confluence Cloud

Hi my Community friends!  For those who don't know me, I'm a product marketer on the Confluence Cloud team - nice to meet you! For those of you who do, you know that I've been all up in your Co...

607 views 8 6
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you