Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to manage page restrictions in a seperate page

Patryk B October 12, 2021

Hi,

I was given the task of creating a page that contains a list and this list is supposed to manage who can view the pages of which owners. Then the restrictions of a new page are to be automatically set according to the list. The List is supposed to be editable, not just read-only.

Example: The List contains a relationship from Tom to Sarah. This means that if Tom creates a new Page then Sarah is automatically allowed to view it but nobody else is.

How can this be done?

Thanks in advance!

1 answer

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 12, 2021

Hi @Patryk B and welcome to the community!

I have no idea who's asking you that, but I haven't seen that specific feature anywhere... :/

Having said that, this can't be done with the functionalities that Confluence offers. Permissions and page restrictions are set from specific parts and only from space/confluence admins. The given example is an example of how not to grant access/permissions to confluence. It's better to use groups for spaces and pages, rather than simple individuals. The latter will increase overhead and confluence maintenance.

Read more about permissions and page restrictions:

You could search the marketplace for an app which could possibly do that work for you, although I think that you'll not find something similar. But in case you do, please do share it here, cause I would be very interested in learning more! 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events