Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to make logout work with seraph in Confluence 4.3?

Kitt Lee October 29, 2012

Hi,

We used this guide (http://docs.atlassian.com/atlassian-seraph/latest/sso.html) to write our custom authenticator. Everything works fine i.e. it manage to call our login servlet and redirect back to confluence and shows that the user has logged in to confluence. However, when the user tries to logout by accessing logout.action, it always redirect to login.action?logout=true and shows the following on the page:

You are currently logged in as xxx.

Click here for the dashboard. To log in as another user, you must first log out.

Can someone help to guide us how to make logout working with seraph in confluence 4.3?

Many thanks,

Kitt Lee

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Kitt Lee November 6, 2012

I found a not-that-elegant solution by adding back the xwork.xml into 4.3 and remove those action mappings for those actions that were having errors prompted.

0 votes
Vladimir Vasilyev November 1, 2012

Hi Kitt! Recently I faced the same problem and found the solution. In my case it is Confluence 3.5 but I'm pretty sure that it will work for you too.

1) extract xwork.xml from /WEB-INF/lib/confluence-4.3.jar;

2) edit xwork.xml and search for logout action there. Replace result where name="success" to this one:

<result name="success" type="redirect">YOUR_LOGOUT_URL</result>

3) put updated xwork.xml to /WEB-INF/classes/

4) restart Confluence.

I hope it will help.

Cheers,

Vladimir.

Kitt Lee November 6, 2012

Hi Vladimir,

Yes I did the same steps in 3.5 before upgrading to 4.3. The logout is still working in 4.3 after upgrading but there were some errors prompted saying some actions couldn't be found in 4.3.

I removed those action mappings from the xwork.xml and everything seems working OK now in 4.3.

Thanks a lot for your reply.

Kitt

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events