Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to make image effects consistent in size?

Becky Clutter February 10, 2017

I just created a page in Confluence that has a variety of images on it. I applied image effects to some of the images, and I noticed that the effects are not consistent in size, even if the images are the same size on the page.

For example, I have two images that I set to be 200x200 on the page, and I applied the snapshot effect to both images. One image now has a 4px white border, while the other has an 8px white border. This size discrepancy happens for the other effects as well.

You'd think that since the images are both 200x200 on the page that the effects would be exactly the same.

The only thing I can think of is that the size of the effect is different because the source images are different sizes.

Anyone know a work-around for this? It would look a lot nicer if the size of the image effects was consistent across the whole page.

Here are some screenshots of what I'm talking about~

Snapshot:

snapsnot1.png

snapshot2.png

Curl Shadow:

curlshadow1.png

curlshadow2.png

1 answer

0 votes
Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 13, 2017

When you upload photos to Confluence it actually creates two versions the original and and a scaled down version that it calls the thumbnail version. The large and original sizes of the image use the original image. If you select large it simply does a browsers resize on the image using CSS. The medium and small sizes typically use the thumbnail version, but I have seem medium also use the original image with a CSS resize. Anyway it looks like the effects are applied based on the original size of the image. Thus when you scale the images in Confluence the effects will be scaled differently if the original images are different sizes. If you want the effects to be the same then you will need to pre-process the images prior to bringing them in Confluence to be the same resolution. Then the effects should apply uniformly.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events