Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to make common glossary for all spaces?

ilya.popov December 10, 2019

My company have a lot of division and each of them have a personal glossary in Confluence. But, almost all of terms are similar. At the moment we use plug-in Glossary (by Spectrum Groupe) that not allow to create common glossary for more that one space or I just didn't realize how to do that.

What is the most cheapest and easiest way to create useful glossary, with highlighting terms in all pages and single storage?

Best regards, Ilya

1 answer

1 vote
Patrick O_Connell December 10, 2019

Ilya,

I'm having trouble understanding part of your question. "Highlighting terms in all pages?"

Setting that aside, to me the most obvious solution here is this: Create a new workspace that is all about one thing: a company-wide glossary.

You could bring in the definitions from the existing department-specific glossaries, blend and delete redundant text. You would also be able to control who can and cannot read, and edit, pages in that space.

Good luck,
Pat O'Connell
Technical writer
MindGeek Montreal

ilya.popov December 10, 2019

Thank you for your answer! I started to make a new workspace as you said.

By "Highlighting terms in all pages" I mean : if you push button "Find term in all glossaries" on the top, Confluence will highlight all defined terms. But, if term defined in other space, Confluence will not show the definition of term. And I don't know how to solve this problem.

print1.pngprint2.png 

Marie Sachse August 15, 2023

Hi there,

I also have a similar question about this. We just made a global glossary page that will be company wide, however do you know how to move terms that teams already have in their spaces to the company wide glossary?

@Patrick O_Connell you mentioned it is possible "bring in the definitions from the existing department-specific glossaries", is there in automated way or does it have to be done manually?

Kind regards,

Marie Sachse

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events