Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How to make a full XML backup from inside a confluence server

Found this https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/manually-backing-up-the-site-152405.html

Where I can read:

If you repeatedly experience timeout errors, try creating the export directly from the server. This will speed up the process and prevent timeouts.

For example, use this URL: http://localhost:8090/confluence/admin/backup.action. directly from your server. 

I have tried several times, and each time I try or make an export, confluence stalls, and needs to be restarted.

How do one actually trigger the above backup when being on OS level on the confluence server? curl and then the url? will password be needed?

Is there any risk that the confluence service hangs again?

We need to move confluence to a new home, since current version is now EoL, and we are planning to use docker containers instead. If the export file track works, it would be so much easier...

0 answers

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
VERSION
TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Confluence

Confluence Mythbusters: Does Atlassian even use Confluence?

Hi, Confluence collaborators! As part of #Confluence-Collaboratory month, we’ve created a very special Mythsbusters segment, where we're dive into an interesting myth and uncover the truth behind i...

1,780 views 8 32
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you