How to make PDF export wait for JIRA issue information and states - avoid "Getting issue details..."

Peter Saulesleja October 15, 2019

We have a problem with Confluence's PDF Export.  We are using Server v6.15.4

When we want to send a PDF copy of a page (example: report, with supporting details and JIRA issues linked), we would like to export to PDF from Confluence.

When we do, all the JIRA issues look like this:

PRJ-0001 - Getting Issue Details... Status

where we'd like to see

PRJ-0001 - Fix the thing for the guy    In Process

for example...

image.png

We've been working around this by printing the web page with a "Save as PDF" printer driver, but it's not exactly what we wanted.

Anything we're doing wrong (or documented that I can't find) to resolve this issue?   It seems a delay or wait between rendering for print, and exporting the PDF might resolve the issue, if we cannot trigger PDF generation on waiting on a response from all JIRA API calls.

Thoughts,  Admin Settings to check and  Links to open or fixed issues are welcome.

3 answers

1 vote
Patrik Korovsky
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 9, 2022

For me, enabling the table of contents "printable" option caused this. Disabling it fixed the issue for me. You will find this setting by going into the edit for TOC.

accessing_edit.png

printable.png

I didn't need to have the TOC in the final export, so that was acceptable on my part. If you need to have a TOC, you can try replicating it using macros.

I hope that helps.
Kind regards,
Patrik

0 votes
Bhupesh Nagda June 8, 2022

It's open since 7 years here:

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONFSERVER-39519

Do a ctrl+p on the confluence page and save as pdf rather than printing. It will show the ticket details

Javier de Lucas June 8, 2022

That's a workaround, but if you have personalized headers with the company logo and confidentiality notes, etc it won't show up.

Javier de Lucas June 8, 2022

I tried disabling printing the TOC as the post you link suggested and now Jira issues update correctly, but still now I'm missing the table of contents from the reports to the client, so not perfect by any means. Thanks anyway for your help! 

0 votes
Fabi Martinhago June 2, 2022

I have the same problem here, as nobody has answered since 2019, does it mean there is no solution for this problem?

Javier de Lucas June 7, 2022

I have the same problem. From the software development point of view might not be too much of an issue, but from project management and sending reports to clients/goverment is a dealbreaker

Patrik Korovsky
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 22, 2022

I provided an answer for this.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events