Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

How to make PDF export wait for JIRA issue information and states - avoid "Getting issue details..."

Edited

We have a problem with Confluence's PDF Export.  We are using Server v6.15.4

When we want to send a PDF copy of a page (example: report, with supporting details and JIRA issues linked), we would like to export to PDF from Confluence.

When we do, all the JIRA issues look like this:

PRJ-0001 - Getting Issue Details... Status

where we'd like to see

PRJ-0001 - Fix the thing for the guy    In Process

for example...

image.png

We've been working around this by printing the web page with a "Save as PDF" printer driver, but it's not exactly what we wanted.

Anything we're doing wrong (or documented that I can't find) to resolve this issue?   It seems a delay or wait between rendering for print, and exporting the PDF might resolve the issue, if we cannot trigger PDF generation on waiting on a response from all JIRA API calls.

Thoughts,  Admin Settings to check and  Links to open or fixed issues are welcome.

2 answers

It's open since 7 years here:

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONFSERVER-39519

Do a ctrl+p on the confluence page and save as pdf rather than printing. It will show the ticket details

That's a workaround, but if you have personalized headers with the company logo and confidentiality notes, etc it won't show up.

I tried disabling printing the TOC as the post you link suggested and now Jira issues update correctly, but still now I'm missing the table of contents from the reports to the client, so not perfect by any means. Thanks anyway for your help! 

0 votes

I have the same problem here, as nobody has answered since 2019, does it mean there is no solution for this problem?

I have the same problem. From the software development point of view might not be too much of an issue, but from project management and sending reports to clients/goverment is a dealbreaker

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Confluence

An update on Confluence Cloud customer feedback – June 2022

Hi everyone, We’re always looking at how to improve Confluence and customer feedback plays an important role in making sure we're investing in the areas that will bring the most value to the most c...

80 views 0 0
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you