Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to login without password into confluence 6.8 ?

hamed_hatami April 13, 2018

Hi there,

I want to login into confluence 6.8 from my web application without password 

actually, I need to login into confluence by username only 

I can get the user token from rest api but when i put the user token in cookie and return back to confluence , nothing happened

I have integrated confluence with Crowd and I have activated the SSO but I don't know how can I use crown in my web application ??

Is there any easy solution to login ??? 

My  email address : hamedhatami2012@gmail.com

Regards,

Hamed Hatami

2 answers

0 votes
hamed_hatami April 22, 2018

This is a snipet of code to getting token from crowd and then I should goto confluence or jira from inside of my web application that is based on Java EE 7 :  

public static String getToken(String propertyName, String username, String password) throws Exception {
String token = "";
Properties crowd_props = new Properties();
crowd_props.load(CrowdClientUtil.class.getClassLoader().getResourceAsStream("/" + propertyName.trim()));
ClientProperties clientProperties = ClientPropertiesImpl.newInstanceFromProperties(crowd_props);
CrowdClient crowdClient = new com.atlassian.crowd.integration.rest.service.factory.RestCrowdClientFactory().newInstance(clientProperties);
/* CrowdHttpAuthenticator crowdHttpAuthenticator = new CrowdHttpAuthenticatorImpl(crowdClient,
clientProperties,
CrowdHttpTokenHelperImpl.getInstance(
CrowdHttpValidationFactorExtractorImpl.getInstance()));*/
UserAuthenticationContext userAuthenticationContext = new UserAuthenticationContext();
userAuthenticationContext.setName(username);
userAuthenticationContext.setCredential(new PasswordCredential(password, false));
ValidationFactor[] factors = new ValidationFactor[]{
new ValidationFactor("remote_address", "127.0.0.1"),
new ValidationFactor("X-Forwarded-For", clientProperties.getApplicationAuthenticationURL())
};

userAuthenticationContext.setValidationFactors(factors);
userAuthenticationContext.setApplication(clientProperties.getApplicationName());

token = crowdClient.authenticateSSOUserWithoutValidatingPassword(userAuthenticationContext);

return token;
}

Please send me a snipet of java code that can connect and then redirect to confluence or jira with using crowd sso ability from third-party application

I'm looking forward to hearing from you

String token = CrowdClientUtil.getToken("confluence.properties", username, "");

FacesContext facesContext = FacesContext.getCurrentInstance();
ExternalContext externalContext = facesContext.getExternalContext();

Date expdate = new Date();
expdate.setTime(expdate.getTime() + (3600 * 1000));
DateFormat df = new SimpleDateFormat("EEE, dd-MMM-yyyy HH:mm:ss zzz");
df.setTimeZone(TimeZone.getTimeZone("GMT"));

//crowd.token_key

externalContext.setResponseHeader("Set-Cookie", "seraph.confluence=" + token.trim() + "; Expires=" + df.format(expdate) + "; Max-Age=2592000; Domain=127.0.0.1; Path=/; Secure; HttpOnly");

externalContext.redirect(Configuration.getProperty("base_url") + "/" + Configuration.getProperty("login_page").trim());

externalContext.invalidateSession();
facesContext.responseComplete();

This is my confluence.properties

application.name                 confapp
application.password          123456
application.login.url              http://localhost:8090

crowd.server.url                  http://localhost:8095/crowd/services/
crowd.base.url                    http://localhost:8095/crowd/

session.isauthenticated      session.isauthenticated
session.tokenkey                session.tokenkey
session.validationinterval    2
session.lastvalidation          session.lastvalidation

hamed_hatami April 24, 2018

any help??????????????????????

0 votes
kennyngkk
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 17, 2018

If you would like to enable the web application to talk to Crowd. You will need to create it as a Crowd Client. You can have a look at the knowledge base below on how you may be able to do it. 

Once you have a talking communication between Crowd and web application. 

Ensure that you insert the web application URL to Confluence whitelist by following the guide below. 

hamed_hatami April 21, 2018

Hi,

Thanks for your reply

Actually, I have integrated Crowd's (users and groups) with Confluence and Jira but one of my important requirements was to use crowd as SSO center and my web application should redirect to confluence/jira pages without login ???

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 22, 2018

As Kenny said already, you need to make your application be a client for Crowd.

The way SSO works is that when you log into ONE application, that application

• first looks for a token that identifies you and says you have access
  • second, if you do not provide that token, knows how to create a new one based on your authentication details (which are usually username/password, but can be other things), and then log you in.

Any other application in the set will do the same, but they all need to be set up as SSO clients that understand those tokens and use them to authenticate people with Crowd.

So.  Your web-application needs to be a client for Crowd so it can create those tokens for logging into other systems (without passwords)

As a matter of fact, my web application is a  client of crowd and I can get token from crowd but I need an exact example of parameter should set into confluence url to authenticated correctly, and directly goes to confluence in my web application response

Please help me!!!

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 22, 2018

There s no "parameter should set into confluence url".  That is not how it works. 

Your application needs to construct the token that Atlassian applications ask your browser for in the same way that they do.  My guess is that although you may have got the basic Crowd login working in your application, it is not yet creating the SSO tokens.

I have changed the seraph-config.xml to work with sso authenticator instead of simple authenticator and in crowd, I have created some users snd groups that have permission to specific directory and import jira and confluence users snd groups into crowd and set the correct access to them and also I have done everything about integration between crowd and confluence and jira from scratch thus now I need to login as SSO like to crowd and then I could go directly and without second ligin to confluence so this is the story, at the end I should do all of these efforts from my web application and programmatically

and if there is a unique help or document that step by step learn sbout how to do that , Plesse send me and let me know about how to do that because I get stuck in setup and configure of the sso between atlassian products and after that sbility to use crowd sso to login without password (by token) programmatically to confluence and jira

I have changed the "seraph-config.xml" file in (confluence and jira) side to use sso authenticator instead of simple authenticator and then I have created many users and groups with specific access rights to a specific directory in crowd side and import the users and groups from (confluence and jira) into crowd and in (confluence and jira), I have set the correct groups and users into specific user directory and  WhiteList has been created too although I have created application link to connect all of them together so I need connect as sso like into crowd and then go to confluence or jira without login (token-based) easily and actually do everything from my web application programmatically and I should have access to crowd from my web application by client api or rest invocation and then with some doing task that you should specify for me , i should go directly into confluence or jira,

I have read the documents of crowd and confluence / jira and there is not step by step and clear document about how to exactly configured or there is not an clear example on github ....

I have got stucked in this problem and   I need to give me a hand ASAP.

Thanks in advance

This is a snipet of code to getting token from crowd and then I should goto confluence or jira from inside of my web application that is based on Java EE 7 :  

public static String getToken(String propertyName, String username, String password) throws Exception {
String token = "";
Properties crowd_props = new Properties();
crowd_props.load(CrowdClientUtil.class.getClassLoader().getResourceAsStream("/" + propertyName.trim()));
ClientProperties clientProperties = ClientPropertiesImpl.newInstanceFromProperties(crowd_props);
CrowdClient crowdClient = new com.atlassian.crowd.integration.rest.service.factory.RestCrowdClientFactory().newInstance(clientProperties);
/* CrowdHttpAuthenticator crowdHttpAuthenticator = new CrowdHttpAuthenticatorImpl(crowdClient,
clientProperties,
CrowdHttpTokenHelperImpl.getInstance(
CrowdHttpValidationFactorExtractorImpl.getInstance()));*/
UserAuthenticationContext userAuthenticationContext = new UserAuthenticationContext();
userAuthenticationContext.setName(username);
userAuthenticationContext.setCredential(new PasswordCredential(password, false));
ValidationFactor[] factors = new ValidationFactor[]{
new ValidationFactor("remote_address", "127.0.0.1"),
new ValidationFactor("X-Forwarded-For", clientProperties.getApplicationAuthenticationURL())
};

userAuthenticationContext.setValidationFactors(factors);
userAuthenticationContext.setApplication(clientProperties.getApplicationName());

token = crowdClient.authenticateSSOUserWithoutValidatingPassword(userAuthenticationContext);

return token;
}

Actually I also have crowd.property file in my web application and client crowd jar file to access

I'm looking forward to hearing from you

String token = CrowdClientUtil.getToken("confluence.properties", username, "");

FacesContext facesContext = FacesContext.getCurrentInstance();
ExternalContext externalContext = facesContext.getExternalContext();

Date expdate = new Date();
expdate.setTime(expdate.getTime() + (3600 * 1000));
DateFormat df = new SimpleDateFormat("EEE, dd-MMM-yyyy HH:mm:ss zzz");
df.setTimeZone(TimeZone.getTimeZone("GMT"));

//crowd.token_key

externalContext.setResponseHeader("Set-Cookie", "seraph.confluence=" + token.trim() + "; Expires=" + df.format(expdate) + "; Max-Age=2592000; Domain=127.0.0.1; Path=/; Secure; HttpOnly");

externalContext.redirect(Configuration.getProperty("base_url") + "/" + Configuration.getProperty("login_page").trim());

externalContext.invalidateSession();
facesContext.responseComplete();

This is my confluence.properties

application.name                 confapp
application.password          123456
application.login.url              http://localhost:8090

crowd.server.url                  http://localhost:8095/crowd/services/
crowd.base.url                    http://localhost:8095/crowd/

session.isauthenticated      session.isauthenticated
session.tokenkey                session.tokenkey
session.validationinterval    2