Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How to list only spaces the customer belong to at wiki/spaces ?

In our site, we make customers to create their Atlassian account, and we invite them to our site at the site admin page(admin.atlassian.com).

When the customer access to Confluence in our site, the knowledge base names of projects the customer does not belong to are displayed in "https://<site domain>/wiki/spaces".

Is there any way to display only knowledge base names of projects the customer belong to ?

1 answer

0 votes
Andy Gladstone Community Leader Dec 23, 2021

@ara I'd like to help, but want to be sure I am pointing you in the correct direction. Can you post a screenshot of what you are referring to that the clients see? You can black out any identifying information. It may be something you can control in the settings.

@Andy Gladstone 

Thank you for your reply.

Under "All spaces", all spaces which is linked from projects as a knowledge base are displayed(image1.jpg).

To be precise, it seems that the one set to "All Logged-in users" in "Who can view" is displayed(image2.jpg).

However, this also includes the knowledge base of projects to which the customer does not belong.

I want to display only the space of the project to which the customer belongs.

Is there any way to that ?

image1.jpgimage2.jpg

Andy Gladstone Community Leader Dec 24, 2021

I am not familiar with this type of setup. I would have suggested that you create separate groups for each client/project and control access and visibility in the space settings of each space, so that when you create the space you remove the default permissions and only add the group that the space should be visible to. 

I tested this theory in my Confluence Cloud instance and then logged in as a user from a different project - and I could not see the Space I created that excluded them. 

So, it sounds like you need to update the Space permissions for each Space.

Thank you for your reply.

I checked space and global settings.

There are access control settings for the space contents itself, but I cannot find visibility settings of space title name on the space list.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Confluence Cloud

🏠 Say hello to the new Confluence Home!

Hi Atlassian Community, My name is DJ Chung, and I’m a Product Manager on the Confluence Cloud team. Today, I’m excited to share a new and improved version of Home. The new Home helps you ...

981 views 7 42
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you