Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to link draw.io diagram with a page anchor?

Julia Czingon September 12, 2019

Hello, 

I tried to link an element from draw.io diagram with a confluence page anchor. I used this tutorial: https://confluence.atlassian.com/confcloud/insert-links-and-anchors-724764900.html 

But it doesn't work. Do you know what format should I type in, into the text field, to make it work? (#anchor name, doesn't work). Diagram and anchors in this case are in the same confluence page.

My path to do this was:

Choose an element in the diagram > Right click on the element > "Edit link..." > Confluence Page Anchor rodio button is checked > Filled the text field with: #anchor name.

Please help me :)

3 answers

1 vote
Marija Radovic
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 13, 2019

Hi Julia,

Could you take a look at this article cause you might find it helpful:

https://about.draw.io/using-anchors-within-draw-io-in-confluence/

This is for draw.io in Confluence Server. It is also possible to use anchors within Confluence Cloud.

If the article doesn't help, tell me what draw.io version you are using and if it is for Confluence Server or Cloud. It would be great if you could send me a video showing the steps you performed.

You can contact us on support@draw.io if you wouldn't like to post video publicly.

Kind regards,

Marija

Julia Czingon September 15, 2019

Hi Marija,

Thank you for your answer. I've seen before the instructions you send me. Problem is that I don't see dialog as this one in the instructions. When I click on an element and choose "Edit link..." I have this dialog (picture below). So I can not simply choose a heading and link it to the diagram.

Screenshot 2019-09-16 at 08.36.55.png

And I work on this draw.io version.

Screenshot 2019-09-16 at 08.37.46.png 

Kind regards,

Julia

Marija Radovic
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 16, 2019

Dear Julia, 

I created a video for you and linked it below. 

At my place, all is working well. If you added anchors the same way I did, my suggestion would be to open another browser and Incognito mode and check if it is working there. Maybe some browser extensions and/or cache caused an issue. 

If a browser change is not an option, clear cache and temporarily disable all browser extensions. 

If nothing helps, feel free to contact us via support@drawio with video showing an issue or additional details that can help us with investigating.

Regards, 

Marija

https://vimeo.com/user102930412/review/360228842/f8e0f80178

Julia Czingon September 17, 2019

Hi Marija,

Could you please send me this video once again? Because this link  doesn't work.

Screenshot 2019-09-17 at 09.02.51.png

Regards,

Julia

Julia Czingon September 17, 2019

And also I recorded my steps how I tried to link drow.io diagram with a confluence page anchor. The diagram is on the same page as anchors.

https://vimeo.com/360476764

Regards,

Julia

Marija Radovic
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 17, 2019

Dear Julia, 

could you send us a ticket to support@drawio, please? That way I will be able to reply to you with my video attached so you can see all the details. 

I saw your video but anchors should be added a bit differently.

And don't worry, we will figure this out together :)

Regards,

Marija

Marija Radovic
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 18, 2019

Dear Julia, 

my ticket reply failed to reach you so I uploaded the video again. Hopefully you will be able to open it.

https://vimeo.com/360747213

Regards,

Marija

0 votes
Shaun Grose December 11, 2019

Hi @Julia Czingon , sorry to jump onto your issue, but I was wondering, @Marija Radovic , is there a way to do the opposite from the above? ie. I'd like a link somewhere in my Confluence page to navigate to a particular page in my draw.io diagram (on the same page). Is this possible? Thanks!

David Benson _draw_io_
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 12, 2019

Not to scroll on that page and show a specific page in the viewer, that's not possible because of the way page macros interact with the page. Should be possible to open a page with a lightbox view of the correct page, though.

Like Shaun Grose likes this
Shaun Grose January 10, 2020

Thanks David, will try that

0 votes
Julia Czingon September 18, 2019

Hi Marija,

Yes, this time I could watch your video. I think I repeated your steps exactly in the same way and it still doesn't work. I attached a video with my steps, please take a look, maybe I still do sth wrong. The titles on your page are just text? or are they some kind of macros?

https://vimeo.com/360753388

Regards,

Julia

Marija Radovic
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 18, 2019

Let's try the following. Click Edit pencil of the page (top right), double click 2.2 Login and check if it is paragraph or heading? It has to be heading in order to work (you can use any heading from 1-6) heading.PNG

Julia Czingon September 18, 2019

I've checked and it's a heading.

Screenshot 2019-09-18 at 14.06.54.png

Marija Radovic
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 19, 2019

Ok, so that is good. Have you checked if anchors work in Incognito mode and another browser as suggested in one of the tickets I sent you earlier?

At my place, all is working well and I tested with the same anchor as you did. 

If browser change and testing in Incognito fail, could you tell me what draw.io version you are using, please?

Check Settings > Manage apps > expand draw.io and send me a screenshot, please.

taigha1844 March 19, 2020

Was this issue resolved? I am trying to add anchor and page links from Confluence with the draw.io plugin and I am just getting the Edit Link dialog with no links from Confluence. 

Marija Radovic March 20, 2020

It seems that they haven't solved it yet (I tested adding anchors at my place and it failed)

Please take a look at the https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONFCLOUD-66773 

Regards,

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events